Frequently Asked Questions
- Select the Register Here tab on right hand menu.
- Create an account for your family (unless you already have one with us).
- Choose program drop down In-Gym session (for classes in our gym) or Off-Site for classes at a school or day care.
- Select More Details to see payment information for each class before you click on Enroll.
- Follow prompts to add your credit/debit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover). Be sure to click Process Payment at end and that see the Completed Successfully.
You will receive an email confirming the specific class registered for. Please email us at email@example.com or call us if you have any questions at 205.981.2720.
Class begins with a short warm-up and stretch. These exercises get blood flowing to the muscles, promote flexibility and build coordination. Running skills, jumping, positions and gymnastics terms are reviewed during the warm-up. The main time of the class is spent on skill work and progressions on the different apparatus. In a gymnastics class, skills will be covered for vault, tumbling, balance beam and bars. During each skill rotation, the instructor will work with the students on specific skills and the students will then rotate to stations the instructor has set up to review and work parts of the skills they are learning. The last five minutes of class students participate in a fun activity appropriate to their age. These fun activities help build positive relationships with the instructor and other students and often incorporate fitness goals.
For classes in the gym, girls usually wear leotards. T-shirts tucked into gym-style shorts or warm-up pants are also acceptable attire for both boys and girls. For classes in other locations/schools, some locations may allow students to change into gymnastics attire, but in many locations, the students wear their school clothes to gymnastics. Most school clothes are fine for gymnastics class as long as they allow the child to move and stretch comfortably. Bare feet or athletic shoes are recommended, no sock feet or stocking feet because of the risk of slipping on the mats or equipment. Long hair should be pulled away from the face and secured in a low ponytail.
You can look at the skills by logging into your account from the “Register Here” tab and then click on “Evaluations”.
Slots cannot be held for re-registering later, and registration fees will apply.